All participating builders took home a J&P t-shirt and helmet bag. People’s Choice winner in Detroit was “Bone Dragger” from Keith Lafer of Classic and Exotic, who won a Bell Custom 500 helmet. The top 15 winners won a HelmetLok and a Metal Rescue product. Shannon Best won the SHO DOG award and receives a Rocking K Leather custom chain wallet and Evan Edwards of Plymouth Cycle and Speed takes home a Garage Leathers’ solo bag.
Ultimate Builder: FreeStyle Class
Ron Harris of Chop Docs rolled in Ol’ 48 in and everyone new this was the bike to beat. It is a 2013 board tracker that features a 95” Pan/Twincam with 2 front cylinder heads and a pan top end. The bike is white with clear-coat copper accents. It’s all hand crafted with an old-school Hurst pistol grip jockey shift.
- Ron Harris, Chop Doc Choppers – ‘Ol 48, 2013 Board Tracker
- Warren Perkins, Conspiracy Cycle Works – Mentally Impaled, 2008 Bobber
- Keith Lafer, Classic and Exotic – Bone Dragger, 2012 Chopper
Ultimate Builder: MOD Harley Class
The Hoosier Daddy Chopper’s Firehouse Racer is “the” machine in the MOD Harley class as it was the bike to beat at the show. It features a Harley-Davidson 96 CI Twincam engine with hand-fabricated exhaust tipped with 1920′s fire hose brass nozzles, S&S Carb and Ultima 2in belt drive. Illumination comes from a 1910 Jose Lucas Carbide headlight and an After Hours Choppers tail light. The leather seat is from Anvil Customs.
- Jon Shipley, Hoosier Daddy Chopper – Firehouse Racer, ’13 Board tracker
- Jim Robertson, Native Custom Baggers – 2006 Road Glide
- Jody Jenson, Reflections – Gold Pride, 2006 Softail
Ultimate Builder: Retro MOD
Wendell Turner of Turners Cycle Shop brought in Hung Low, a 1981 custom Sportster and took the point in the Retro MOD class. The bike features a 1,000 cc Ironhead overhead-valve engine with cast iron heads and a hand-built drop seat 6in stretch hardtail. Paint by Chop Docs Choppers.
- Wendell Turner, Turners Cycle Shop – Hung Low, ’81 Sportster
- Gary Maurer, Kustoms Inc. – Tri Finch It, 1972 Triumph
- Chop Docs Choppers – Horizontal Harry, ’68 XLCH
Ultimate Builder: Performance Custom
Shannon Best’s Ronin is a family project with his son and daughter adding their elbow grease to make their 1987 Yamaha FZR 1000 really stand out. It took 1st place in the Performance Custom class. The bike has been lowered and stretched 6” and handmade and polished parts. The 1000cc mil includes a short exhaust and port and polished heads.
- Shannon Best – Ronin, 1987 Yamaha FZR 1000
- Matt Sproull – 2007 Honda CBR 1000R
- Mike Gee, Dave Bowman Inc – 1985 Yamaha TRI-Z 250
Ultimate Builder: MOD Street
Dave Bowman took 1st place in MOD Street with his slick 1975 Honda CB-400F. The Café Racer features a custom seat cowl, aluminum Excel wheel, and retro paint from Steve Stroud. The engine has been pumped using a Yoshimura big bore kit to 480cc.
- Tony Cho, Dave Bowman – 1975 Honda CB-400F
- Golgotha Performance Cycle – Vision, 1984 Virago
- Ralph Spencer, Shoemaker Vintage Moto – Manx Titan, ’71 Suzuki T500